Facebook – a place where sharing snippets from everyday lives has become a norm. While the story feature of it offers a fleeting yet captivating glimpse into daily activities. However, the content posted on stories only lasts for 24 hours.
Meanwhile, like others are capable of viewing the stories, the users on the other hand can also do the same. Here comes the question. Can you view a Facebook Story anonymously? and how users can become anonymous Facebook viewers. Therefore, this comprehensive guide will let users know how to do the same without letting people know about it.
Facebook Story Viewer Anonymous – 4 Ways
Method 1 – Turn on the Airplane Mode
Turning on Airplane mode will let users view Facebook stories anonymously. This is because whenever Airplane mode is turned on, the device is no longer connected to the internet. Consequently, Facebook could not register an account as a Facebook story viewer anonymously.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Launch Facebook on the device (Android or iOS) and login to the Facebook account using login credentials consisting of “Username” and “Password”.
- Now, turn on the “Airplane mode” to go offline.
- Open the homepage again and click on that particular story that one needs to look at anonymously. Hence, the story will begin to play.
After performing the aforementioned steps, force close the Facebook application to avoid running in the background when disabling Airplane mode.
Method 2 – Block
The other method is to block the users. It would stop appearing as one the viewer. This method will let users view the stories anonymously. But, since the user is blocking someone, then they will be removed completely from the Facebook friends list. Here are the steps to do it:
- Launch the Facebook app and log in using “username” and “password” to access the account.
- Click on the story that one is willing to view
- Once done with viewing, block that individual.
These were the steps to do so. It blocks the user just after viewing the story and won’t count users as a viewer. It is recommended to adapt this process only if someone is fine with blocking users. Despite this, users can unblock that individual after 24 hours.
Method 3 – Half Swipe
Half-swiping is one of the interesting methods for all the anonymous Facebook viewers out there. With this method, users are required to stop viewing the story halfway, rather than watching it entirely. Consequently, this is only a disadvantage because users are not going to view the story completely. The process for this is similar to viewing a story normally. The steps for the following are:
- As usual, launch Facebook and log into the account.
- Now, click on any of the stories.
- Make sure while viewing the story, one needs to keep the finger right before where the story is about to end.
- What’s next? Swipe left or right to ensure that the story doesn’t end.
This is how users can use the half-swipe method and Facebook won’t register them as a viewer.
Method 4 – Deactivating Facebook Account
The last method to view Facebook stories anonymously is to deactivate the account temporarily just after viewing the story. Therefore, the account won’t appear in the people’s viewer list. Remember, a few things need to be kept in mind before doing it, that the username and picture will be removed from the things shared mostly on Facebook. Nevertheless, look below to find steps for the same:
- Launch Facebook and open a story.
- Thereafter, click on the three dots and select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Now, tap on “Privacy Shortcuts”.
- Finally, tap on “Delete your account and information”. Later, check (✔️) the box of “Deactivate Account”.
Once the story disappears after 24 hours, users can reactivate their account by simply logging in using the same credentials.
To Sum Up
In conclusion, there is no rocket science involved while behind the idea of viewing Facebook stories anonymously. The possibilities to achieve the same are mentioned above. These 4 methods are the easiest ones. But, the practice of anonymous viewing is not ideal at all.
However, it supports unwanted access, including privacy concerns, breaching, etc. Despite using the methods above, users are inclined towards anonymous Facebook story viewer apps. While most of them won’t work as they claim and security concerns are associated with their usage. Nonetheless, users are advised to adopt such practices responsibly and avoid hurting other’s privacy.