How to Apply For a Family Visa in the UK?

A family visa is for people who want to join their spouse, civil partner, or children in the UK. This visa allows them to stay for two years and nine months and eventually apply for permanent residence or UK citizenship. It requires a valid passport and evidence of a relationship.

You also need to show that you have enough money for yourself and your dependents. This is especially important if your dependents are applying at the same time.

Fiance visa uk

Fiance visas (also known as Proposed Civil Partner visas or Engagement Visas) are part of the UK’s Family Visa Scheme, and allow an individual from a country outside the UK to enter the UK to get married to their British citizen or settled person sponsor. The couple must get married within six months of the visa holder’s arrival in the UK.

There are a number of requirements that the applicant and their sponsor must meet when applying for a fiance visa. The first is that the couple must show that they have enough income to live in the UK without recourse to public funds. This is usually based on a total annual income of at least PS18,600. This sum increases by PS3,800 for each child in the relationship.

The couple must also show that they have adequate accommodation in the UK. In addition, they must be able to support themselves financially without using public funds before and after the marriage. This requirement can be met in a variety of ways, including showing that they have enough income to pay their rent and council tax.

Once the couple has satisfied these requirements, they can apply to change their visa to a spouse visa. This will allow them to work and live in the UK for up to 30 months, or until they can apply to settle in the country. Our immigration team can assist with the processing of these applications, as well as advising on Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship once the spouse visa has been issued.

It is important to understand the complexities of the UK fiance visa process before applying for one. This is because if you fail to meet any of the requirements, your application will be rejected. You can avoid this by retaining a reputable immigration law firm to help you with your application. At DavidsonMorris, we have the experience and insight to make the process as stress-free as possible. For more information, contact us today!

Fiance visa uk requirements

If you want to come to the UK with your fiance or partner, you must satisfy several requirements. These include a high income and adequate accommodation. You must also be able to prove that your relationship is genuine and subsisting. The Home Office is aware of the risk of sham relationships and is always alert to it. They will look for significant evidence of contact, affection and companionship between you. This could include correspondence, a diary or photos. Ideally these should be in both of your names and from a range of sources.

You must also show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and any dependants without the help of UK public funds. You can meet this requirement in a number of ways, including working in the UK, being self-employed, being a director of a limited company, or having savings, assets or liquidated shares and stocks. Alternatively you can pay an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). The IHS is charged for all adult dependants, but it is waived for children under the age of 18.

In addition to meeting the financial requirement, you must also have a good knowledge of English. This can be satisfied in a variety of ways, including having an academic qualification, or passing an approved English language test. Generally, the level required is CEFR A1. However, you may be exempt from this requirement if you are from a country where English is the primary language.

You must also be able to demonstrate that your relationship with the UK sponsor is genuine and subsisting. The sponsor must be a British citizen or someone who has settled in the UK. You must also show that you intend to marry the person with whom you will live in the UK within six months of gaining your visa. The sponsor must be at least 18 years old and have been living with you in a relationship for a period of at least two years. You must also show that you will take responsibility for the care of any dependants who accompany you to the UK.

Spouse visa uk

If you want to live in the UK with your spouse or partner, you can apply for a UK Spouse Visa. This visa is available to anyone who has a relationship with a British citizen or resident, and meets the required financial criteria. To meet the financial requirement, you must show that you will have sufficient income to maintain yourself and any dependants. This includes wages, investments and savings.

Spouse visa uk is usually processed within a few months after all the necessary documentation has been submitted to the Home Office. You may be required to attend an interview at a visa application centre. This will require you to have your fingerprints and photograph taken. Once you have had this done, you will receive a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This must be collected within 10 days of arriving in the UK.

The BRP is used to verify your identity and is a legal document. It also shows that you have permission to live and work in the UK. You can apply for a spouse visa from inside or outside the UK. If you are applying from outside the UK, you must pay a fee. If you are unable to afford the fee, you can apply for a waiver online.

You must have a sponsor for your UK Spouse Visa. This can be a citizen or permanent resident of the UK, and must be someone who has been living in the UK for at least 10 years. The sponsor must also be able to support your family financially. If you are not married, you will need to provide proof of your relationship and a marriage certificate. If you are unmarried, you will need to provide a birth certificate and other official documents that prove your relationship.

Visit Website:

If your family member already has visa permission to be in the UK as a dependant of another route, such as Tier 4 or Student, they can switch into the spouse visa category from inside the UK. However, if they are in the UK as a visitor, it is not possible for them to switch into this category and they must apply from abroad.

Uk spouse visa requirements

If you’re a spouse or partner of a UK citizen or permanent resident, you can apply for a family visa to join them in the UK. The UK visa application process is complex and lengthy, and it requires significant documentation of your relationship. Your documents must include a valid passport, evidence of financial support, and proof that you will live together in the UK permanently. The visa must also allow your children to join you in the UK as dependants. Unlike other visas, family visas are not automatically renewable, so you must reapply for it every few years.

The visa application process can take up to two years, and you may have to provide more information to the Home Office as needed. For example, if your partner has an academic qualification that is recognized as being equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree or higher, or if they have passed an approved English language test, you will need to provide additional documentation about your relationship. You will also have to provide evidence that you will live together in the UK permanently, and that you can offer adequate accommodation for yourself and your children without relying on public funds.

You must also have sufficient income to support your dependents, unless you are a UK citizen or permanent resident with indefinite leave to remain. The amount you need to show depends on how many dependents you have. In addition, you will have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge and book a biometric appointment for your dependants.

The UK immigration rules are designed to keep families together. However, you may need to make a visa application to visit or settle in the UK if your family members are from a country outside of the European Economic Area or Switzerland. You should check the Home Office website to see if you need a visa to join your family members in the UK. There are different routes available depending on the type of visa you need, and you should also check whether your family members need to attend a biometric appointment, learn about uk spouse visa requirements.

Travel , , , , , , ,
One Comment
  1. […] If you’re a spouse or partner of a UK citizen or permanent resident, you can apply for a family visa to join them in the UK.  […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *